Reblog if you want to know who the heck these professors are who give out assignments that involve counting reblogs of tumblr posts.
When in doubt, tea.
When happy, tea.
When cold, tea.
When sad, tea.
When sick, tea.
When no inspiration, tea.
When have to leave bed, tea.
When supposed to be doing homework, tea.
When scheming to take over world, tea.
When summoning minor demon, tea.
When accidentally starting apocalypse, tea.
St. Columba Lent 2014. The top of the altar, the “mensa” is always covered with a fine linen, while underneath the purple there is another linen. But someone spilled ashes on the top linen. Bless them. After I told everyone not to go near the ashes. Bless their heart, and mine (with patience). And here people think I am mean. It’s not like I grabbed their head and banged it against that marble slab which is the top altar. I may have thought about it, but I didn’t do it. See, I’m nicer than most people give me credit for.
Happy Birthday, Jeffrey Eugenides, born 8 March 1960
Eugenides is an American Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and short story writer. He is the author of The Virgin Suicides, Middlesex, and The Marriage Plot.
The Top 15 Jeffrey Eugenides Quotes
Yep, I’ve had fanfic readers just as snotty and condescending….
Happy Birthday, Kenneth Grahame, born 8 March 1859, died 6 July 1932
- Take the adventure, heed the call, now ere the irrevocable moment passes! ‘Tis but a banging of the door behind you, a blithesome step forward, and you are out of your old life and into the new!
- Why can’t fellows be allowed to do what they like when they like and as they like, instead of other fellows sitting on banks and watching them all the time and making remarks and poetry and things about them?
- Nothing seems really to matter, that’s the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don’t; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you’re always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you’ve done it there’s always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you’d much better not.
- And perhaps we have reason to be very grateful that, both as children and long afterwards, we are never allowed to guess how the absorbing pursuit of the moment will appear, not only to others, but to ourselves, a very short time hence.
- The pure, absolute quality and nature of each note in itself are only appreciated by the strummer. For some notes have all the sea in them, and some cathedral bells; others a woodland joyance and a smell of greenery; in some fauns dance to the merry reed, and even the grave centaurs peep out from their caves. Some bring moonlight, and some the deep crimson of a rose’s heart; some are blue, some red, and others will tell of an army with silken standards and march-music. And throughout all the sequence of suggestion, up above the little white men leap and peep, and strive against the imprisoning wires; and all the big rosewood box hums as it were full of hiving bees.
Grahame was a Scottish writer, most famous for The Wind in the Willows, one of the classics of children’s literature.
Source for Image
"He will raise you to union with Himself in proportion as He finds you lowered in your own estimation.
Do everything, therefore, through love and from a motive of humility.”
Skeppsrån (watchers of ships) are beautiful but elusive women who guard ships sailing across the ocean, protecting them from raging storms and the giant beasts that lurk down in the deepest waters. Some believe skeppsrån were originally skogsrån; their spirits trapped within the wood planks of the ship and forced to leave their precious forests to roam the seas instead.
Imagine your icon being pregnant with your previous icon’s child
Unless weird science or weird magic was involved, it probably wouldn’t happen (Not that I haven’t fanfic’ed it, to His Paleness’s irritation…).
Unless… the roles were reversed, because when I first started this blog, I had a Jack Harkness icon for two hours before I decided to change it to a Muraki icon.